Sera Kinoyan – Sustainability Manager
“I joined Asquan as a Sustainability Manager exactly two years ago and on this Earth Day, I thought the best way to raise awareness and demonstrate support for environmental protection would be to share some of my and Asquan’s sustainability adventures.
It has been reported that more than 120 billion units of packaging are produced every year by the global cosmetics industry, most of which ends up in landfill. Since our industry is also responsible for providing thousands of jobs as well as for empowering women and men to feelconfident/happy in their own skin, we believe it’s crucial to sustain our industry while protecting the environment. We play our part through sustainable sourcing, designing circular product packaging and forming strong partnerships based on knowledge sharing.”
Together with the Asquan family, we have achieved many milestones in our journey so far:
○ All of Asquan’s team members are familiar with eco-concepts and involved in sustainability efforts.
○ 70% of Asquan standards are tested and available in PCR.
○ All of our core factory partners provide packaging in PCR material.
○ We launched our Ocean Waste Collection Program.
○ Between 2019 & 2020, we have tripled the share (from total sales) of eco-friendly packaging sales.
○ New packaging categories (Refillable and Mono Material) were introduced to our catalogue.